Fire Insurance Suggestion to prevent fire disasters
Fire insurance is one of the main needs for any homeowner, but what is important more than ensuring your home from a fire disaster is preventing that disaster from happening. Fire insurance California hopes you never need to our insurance and just choose insurance for the safety of your mind. Also, it is very important to have fire insurance but we suggest you some preventing tip to see how to make your home secured from fire.
Most home fires occur in the kitchen while cooking and are the leading cause of injuries from the fire. Common causes of fires at night are carelessly discarded cigarettes, sparks from fireplaces without spark screens or glass doors and heating appliances left too close to furniture or other combustibles. These fires can be particularly dangerous because they may smolder for a long period before being discovered by sleeping residents and fire insurance California support you after any of these disasters.
Home fires are preventable. The following are simple steps that each of us can take to prevent a tragedy before need to use fire insurance services.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling or broiling food. If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove.
- Wear short, close-fitting or tightly rolled sleeves when cooking.
- Do not cook if you are sleepy, have been drinking alcohol or have taken a medicine that makes you drowsy.
- Keep children away from cooking areas by enforcing a “kid-free zone” of 3 feet around the stove.
- If you smoke, smoke outside. Most home fires caused by smoking materials start inside the home.
- Make sure cigarettes and ashes are out. The cigarette needs to be completely stubbed out in some kind of ashtrays, such as a glass dish or a can filled with sand. Soak cigarette butts and ashes in water before throwing them away. Never toss hot cigarette butts or ashes in the trash can.
- Check for cigarette butts indoors. Chairs and sofas catch on fire fast and burn fast, so don’t put ashtrays on them. If people have been smoking in the home, check for cigarettes under cushions.
- Never smoke in a home where oxygen is used, even if it is turned off. Oxygen can be explosive and makes the fire burn hotter and faster.
Fireplaces and Woodstoves
- Inspect and clean woodstove pipes and chimneys annually and check monthly for damage or obstructions.
- Never burn trash, paper or green wood.
- Use a fireplace screen heavy enough to stop rolling logs and big enough to cover the entire opening of the fireplace to catch flying sparks.
- Make sure the fire is completely out before leaving the house or going to bed.
- Store cooled ashes in a tightly sealed metal container outside the home.